06 October 2006

Kickoff Date Night Menu

Friday is date night. I don’t actually have a date, but I assume that the other 51% of women in the world must be going on a date with the leftovers out there and that is why I’m single this evening. I’m not a jealous girl, so I will offer a date night menu for you…that is until I’m busy.


Salmon with Dill and Cilantro Aioli
Cous Cous with Currants and Toasted Pine Nuts
Broccoli Rabe with Roasted Garlic

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Cut off the bad ends of the Rabe and cut into bite sized pieces
Toast the Pine nuts on the stove
Juice two Lemons
Clean 4 Garlic Cloves and slice two
Clean the Salmon with a paper towel and Salt and Pepper
Heat a sauce pan and throw the two whole cloves in
and after 20-25 seconds pour the lemon juice, cilantro and dill in and turn off
the heat.
For 1 C of cous cous you’ll need 1 C of liquid. The mixture
is ½ OJ and ½ chicken stock. Heat the liquid to a slow boil on the stove.
Once cooled put this mixture in a blender with some prepared
mayo and olive oil. Blend until thick, and season until it tastes good to you.
Pour boiling liquid from the stove over the 1C of cous cous and add some
currants. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
Place fish in the oven and bake until it is cooked to your liking; I like 10 minutes.
Meanwhile sauté garlic slices hot oil. Add broccoli rabe and hot pepper
flakes. Season and serve.
Add pine nuts and fluff the cous cous with a fork.
Plate all dishes, pour aioli over fish, pour a glass of wine and
don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…


tt.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger 5%Celery said...

UM EXCUSE ME TEHRA. We made that very menu the other night. I thought it was SPECIAL. I thought it was a SPECIAL NIGHT WE SHARED. And now you want to share it with the world? I'm not okay with this. Not okay at all.
-Rachel

07 October, 2006 02:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home