04 January 2007

How Hollywood Gets Down--Or, Rather, Spirals Downward

OK, this post is both entirely unrelated to either fashion or food and also entirely stolen from The Superficial, but I just thought that y'all should know, and maybe feel even gladder than you already did that your forsook absurd clubs and didn't party like a star on New Year's.

Because if you had, you probably would've ended up all over the internet, and I'd be laughing at you. Like Tara Reid did. She apparently made the supremely unwise decision to count down to midnight starting not from 10,but from 60...and then found she'd given herself a challenge far too great to conquer. I wish I had the mad tech skillz to post the video here, but I'd recommend taking a moment to witness for yourself how she starts at 10, gets to fifty, magically skips from 30 to 20, and has to do some emergency number repairs along the way. I just watched this and I really, really want to watch it again. Dear god. I'm glad that she's fixed up her bungled boobies, but it seems she might have put off her tutoring in the meantime. Jesus it's funny. Though still not as funny as "America's Funniest Home Videos." Or maybe as funny as one of the less funny ones, like a dog jumping up and knocking over a baby, which is still pretty funny.


On the other hand, Britney Spears did surprisingly well, hosting the New Year's party at Pure and managing a vague resemblance to her formerly smokin' self. I even am proud enough of her to have put this nice photo up, rather than one of the goofy ones where she's shrieking and stuff. Still, she did end up collapsing and having to be carried out at the end of night. Oopsy! But "her rep is playing it off like she got tired, not drunk. Her rep says: 'By about one o'clock, she was just done, so we took her out. She was not drunk. She was just tired and falling asleep. There is nothing out of the ordinary here.'" I'd have to agree.

And I'm so glad to see that we can still count on good ol' Paris to get ice cubes thrown at her face after singing at Pure.


Happy Friday! My new classes are starting, so soon I'll have more fashion-school nonsense stories (hurrah!).

> r r <

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home