03 December 2007

The Latest on Chanel Tattoo Girl

Remember that girl I have class with who has a Chanel logo tattoo behind her ear, just like in the Chanel glasses ad from spring '07? Right, her. Well, finally the other day I maneuvered my way into finding out her reasoning behind the tattoo. And folks, I was shocked. I'd gone along assuming that my classmate had swiped her tattoo from the pictures in an attempt to join their tribe of converts (chief member: Mischa Barton). But when I oh-so-casually asked, "When did you get your tattoo?", she answered..."ABOUT A YEAR AGO." Whoa. This means that she was getting inked when those ads were just a kernel of an idea in a branding expert's brain over at Lagerfeld Central. Not only that, when I said how it was cool that it was the same as in print (oh, I lie), she didn't know what I was talking about. Nope--this girl, who's decided that Chanel is so "her" that she wears its logo 24/7, apparently doesn't even read the fancy fashion magazines where her fave brand, and its advertisements, are featured.

WEIRD.

Here, for incredulity's sake, is another Chanel-phile with the same idea:

She's a RankMyTattoo.com user named AmandaxChanel, and her caption is: "I got this tattoo because Chanel is what inspired me to be a fashion designer. I know its dumb but its what I am passionate about."

STILL WEIRD.

> r r <

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want this tatoo cause my name is chanel but imma add more to it like mines gonna look more creative

10 March, 2009 10:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a small Chanel symbol tattoo, not because im a wanabe brand lover lol, simply bcoz its my name and its never going to change. The tattoo is also in white. so it doesnt stand out as much.

30 May, 2009 08:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the chanel logo on my foot! its my name also!

31 May, 2009 19:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tattoo is also in white. so it doesnt stand out as much.
___________________
Julie

We do your Marketing for best sales

17 August, 2009 00:08  
Blogger Unknown said...

The family home is an important place to learn about proper nutrition and enough physical activity.
--
Jenifer
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

22 August, 2009 02:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hey

25 February, 2013 18:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home