07 February 2007

Daily Dose of Dolls

eBay: Zac Posen BARBIE & KEN Giftset


I remember going to a yard sale (at which I scored a fabulous vintage bathing suit, btw) that had tables stacked with boxes upon boxes of Barbie dolls. Not the cool old ones, but the random new ones that crop up at Toys-R-Us. I remember thinking to myself, "What kind of wacko would find modern-day Barbies appealing enough to buy, never mind keep?"
As a little girl, I had a few Barbies, but I didn't play with them. No, instead I just sat dressing them up. And down. And up. And down. I only had a few dolls (California Style Barbie, Ballerina Barbie, Doctor Barbie), but probably 100 outfits. And shoes--oh, the shoes, the teeny stilettos--man oh man. Anyway, it makes sense that I now find myself strangely empathizing with the abovementioned Barbie-appreciating wackos. Zac Posen has endorsed a Ken doll of himself, wearing a pair of Earnest Sewn jeans and a self-designed silk shantung blazer (uhh, yeah). He's put himself next to a Barbie of his sister (his "muse," apparently) and in the middle of a tres bohemian workroom. I think my fave part is the little bitty dressmaker's mannequin. Awwww.

In other doll news, this is fantastic:


see: www.enchanteddoll.com

> r r <

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rr loves barbie loves mac loves 5%celery

http://www.maccosmetics.com/barbielovesmac/index.html

09 February, 2007 08:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home